The Department of Education and Skills first awarded St. Paul’s our Active School Flag (ASF) in 2012. We have since been re-awarded this in 2015. You only have to browse through our website to see the abundance of sport taking place in St. Paul’s which shows how active a school we are.
The Active School Flag is awarded to schools that:
- Adhere to DES Guidelines regarding PE timetable provision for all students
- Teach a broad and balanced PE curriculum
- Inform and invite the whole school community to participate in the ASF process
- Self-evaluate current provision in terms of PE, Physical Activity and Partnerships
- Plan, implement and monitor improvements for each of the aforementioned areas
- Organise an “Active School Week” as part of the annual school calendar
As well as the children being fit and active in school, we encourage children to take part in activities after school. We are very lucky in Ratoath to have a vast array of clubs and societies in the area which are available to the community. Click here to find out what’s available.